Vegan Broccoli Potato ‘Cheddar’ Soup
While it's sad to say goodbye to the warmer weather, we're looking forward to all the delicious fall foods to make this season. Kick-off autumn with soul-comforting, Vegan Broccoli ‘Cheddar’ Soup. Broccoli and cheese are one of those combos that are perfect together, which is why broccoli cheese soup is such a satisfying dish.
Fortunately, we’re living in a time where practically anything can be veganised, including cheese, so no one has to miss out on their favorite cheesy foods – including a dairy-free "cheddar "soup! I love this recipe because it’s so easy to make, tasty, and decidedly healthier, and more nutritious than the non-vegan version. Give this recipe a try and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 25 Min
Total Time: 35 Min
Vegan Broccoli Potato 'Cheddar' Soup
Makes 4 servings
- 2-3 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 12 Oz Yellow Potatoes, sliced
- ½ Tsp Ground Turmeric
- ¼ Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 3 Cups Non-Dairy Milk
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot heat up your oil over medium heat. Once hot, add your onions and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions become translucent. Add your broccoli florets, potatoes, turmeric, paprika, nutmeg to the pot. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle your flour over your broccoli mixture and stir until the flour is mixed in. Add your vegetable broth and non-dairy milk. Stir until evenly mixed. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in your nutritional yeast and continue to simmer until it thickens, about 5-10 minutes. If you find your mixture is not thickening, stir in 1 Tbsp of Cornstarch to help thicken your soup to your desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away and enjoy!
Calories 412, Total Fat 15.8 g, Sat. Fat 2.2 g, Sodium 700 mg, Total Carbs 52 g, Fiber 10 g, Sugar 14.3 g, Protein 23.4 g