TABLE OF CONTENTS
- COLLECTION AND USE OF DATA
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- OPT OUT
- LINKED SITES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING PLATFORMS
- CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
- DATA RETENTION
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- CHILDREN'S PERSONAL DATA
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Our full contact details are as follows:
Full name of legal entity: Spinach Holdings, Corp. d/b/a The Beet
Name or title of Data Protection Officer ("DPO"): Director of Product
Email address: email@example.com
c/o The Beet
853 Broadway Suite 905
New York, NY 10003
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to your local Supervisory Authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your Supervisory Authority so please contact us in the first instance and we will do our very best to deal with your concerns.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
COLLECTION AND USE OF DATA
Categories Of Data We Collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (see Anonymized Data, below). We do not collect personal data about you unless you voluntarily submit that information to us or that information is collected via certain automated technologies discussed below.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, date of birth, screen name, handle, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone number.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, location information, browser type, browser language, pages viewed, time spent and the date and time of a visit.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, as well as your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share anonymized data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose ("Anonymized Data"). Anonymized Data may be derived from your personal data but may not considered personal data by law if such data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
Collection of Personal Information Of Others
If You Fail To Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our Services). In this case, we will not be able to provide the Services to you.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, such as:
Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data when you:
- creating or editing an account offered through our Services;
- utilize the Services or related properties (e.g., social media accounts);
- subscribe to our publications or participate in our sweepstakes or contests;
- request email marketing or other types of marketing to be sent to you;
- contact us, including to seek employment; or
- give us feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Services, we may automatically collect Technical Data and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. Some of the ways in which we or Services may collect are further described below:
- Interest-Based Advertising: We may share information about you with third-parties to use in connection with their own information to deliver targeted advertising to you when you use our Services. Cookies, described above, may be used in this process, alone or in conjunction with web beacons or other tracking technologies already in your browser to collect information about you when visit our website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal data or they may collect information, including personal data, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. For example, if you are searching for information on a particular product or service, our vendor may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites you view with information on that product. This form of advertising is called "behavioral advertising." We believe that such advertising is helpful because you will see ads that are relevant to your interests. However, if you would like to opt-out of these interest-based advertisements, please see the Opt-Out section below.
- Clickstream Data: As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, sometimes referred to as "clickstream data," can be collected and stored by a website's server. For example, clickstream data can tell the type of device and software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the website. The Services may collect and use clickstream data as a form of aggregate information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our website, how visitors navigate within our Services and how we may tailor our website to better meet the needs of visitors. This information often will be used to improve our website and our services. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous and aggregated, and will not intentionally contain any personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our Use Of Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- To perform specific services that you have requested;
- To respond to your direct inquiries;
- To open accounts, perform verification checks or prevent fraud;
- To provide, maintain, improve and secure our Services and develop and offer new features and functionality;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- To send you marketing materials (please see below for further details);
- To process any application for employment;
- To connect you with another user so that they can contact you with customized offers, messages and information;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will also process your personal data in accordance with your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are other types of lawful basis that we may rely on to process your personal data:
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need details about the specific legal grounds on which your personal data is being processed.
Disclosures Of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below:
Company reserves the right to disclose personal data it collects: (i) if Company believes it is necessary to do so in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Service's Terms and Conditions or as otherwise required by law; (ii) when Company believes that disclosure is necessary to protect its legal rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order (including in U.S. Bankruptcy Court), or legal process served on Company; or (iii) to transfer information in the event of a merger, acquisition, transfer of assets, or other organizational restructuring or change of control.
Change Of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
To see how you can opt out of marketing communications, please see the Opt-Out section below.
Opting Out Of Messages From Us
To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, you should send an unsubscribe request to us at email@example.com. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of our Services may no longer be available to you.
Opting Out Of Cookies
If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Services. Cookies and similar items are not used by us to automatically retrieve personal data from your device without your knowledge. For more information about cookies, please see the chart on Cookies above.
Further, you may opt out of data collection via Google Analytics through the installation of the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. More information about this add-on can be found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Opting Out Of Interest Based Advertising
Opting Out Of Location Tracking
In some cases, such as when using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your device to allow or restrict the sharing of location information. For example, the "location" permissions on your device may allow you to elect whether to never share location information with us, to share location information only while you are using the Services or always share location information even if you are not using the Services. If you elect to not share your location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Services that are designed for mobile devices. Also, in the event that you prevent the sharing of location information, we may still estimate your general location based on the IP address you use to access our services.
Withdrawing Your Consent
If you have given us consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. See the section titled Your Legal Rights for more information on withdrawing your consent.
LINKED SITES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING PLATFORMS
As a convenience to you, the Services may provide links to third-party websites, apps or services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party websites, apps or services, and by providing a link we are not endorsing or promoting such third party websites, apps or services. When you link away from our Services, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies of every website, app or service you visit.
The Services may integrate with social networking services. You understand that we do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Services, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third party services to operate properly and fairly. You should be aware that personally identifiable information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your personally identifiable information, and by using such third-party services you assume the risk that the personally identifiable information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Company maintains commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and regulations to protect the confidentiality of your personal data. However, as no method of transmission over the Internet, nor method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, Company cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data.
We retain your information for as long as needed for our functions or activities or to comply with our legal obligations (such as reporting to regulatory authorities), to resolve disputes and to enforce our rights. We also may retain your information to support our business operations and develop our Services. The criteria used to determine our data retention periods include: (i) how long the personal data is needed to provide the services and operate the business; (ii) the type of personal data collected; and (iii) whether we are subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain the data (e.g., mandatory data retention laws, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation or disputes.) When we no longer need to use your information, we will take steps to properly anonymize or destroy it. We may retain information that is not personally identified to an individual User, including without limitation anonymized data and aggregate information, in our discretion.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons, and if that is the case, we will notify you at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which overrides your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHILDREN'S PERSONAL DATA
Our Services are designed for persons 18 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect information from minors. If we are made aware that we have received such information, or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.