Smoothie of The Day: Green Detox Blend with Plant Protein
Looking for a way to feel healthier and get back on track after the weekend? A refreshing green detox smoothie has a natural effect on your body by improving gut health and supplying clean plant-based energy for hours. Here's what to blend to start your Monday off right.
Green wholesome smoothies are high in nutrient-dense foods and fiber, which helps your body absorb more nutrients. This smoothie has refreshing flavors and is rich in immunity-boosting ingredients like ginger, kiwi, and spinach. Hannah Sunderani is the creator of this healthy recipe and is a master plant-based recipe developer. Here's what you will blend together to make this tasty drink!
Green Cleanse Smoothie
- 1 handful spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 kiwi
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup parsley tightly packed
- 1 cup water (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 3 ice cubes
- In a blender add all your ingredients: spinach, kiwi, pineapple, almond butter, hemp hearts, parsley, water, ginger, and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth.