Recipe of the Day: A Skincare Expert’s Mango Smoothie for Clear, Bright Skin
Clean skin and a strong immune system start with a healthy diet. Today's Recipe of the Day is a mango smoothie created by skincare expert and founder of Masktini, Olga Parno.
Parno explained that a diet full of antioxidant-rich foods helps to slow cellular aging, protect skin from damage, inflammation, and also helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. In this smoothie recipe, Parno adds flaxseeds and pineapple, which "contains bromelain that not only helps digestion but also fights inflammation. The flaxseeds contain omega-3 fatty acids to give you glowing skin and speed up the body’s healing process," according to Pamo.
In addition, this recipe calls for kale and mango, two superfoods with vitamin C which can help enhance the effectiveness of your sunscreen. Parno drinks this refreshing smoothie for breakfast all spring and summer.
Skin Magic Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup of mango chunks
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar - unfiltered
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup of water or almond milk - you can add more if needed for desired consistency
- Add all the ingredients to your blender. Place kale closest to cutting blades.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour & serve. Cheers!