Homemade Gluten Free Tortillas with Fresh Salsa, Beans, and Guacamole
Why We Love it: The chickpea flour tortillas bring clean eating to Mexican cuisine!
For the Tortilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Salsa
- 1 finely chopped small brown onion
- 1 bunch of coriander chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and zest
- Half a chopped jalapeño pepper
For the Beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 tomato chopped
- Half a jalapeño chopped
- Finely chopped coriander stems.
For the Avocado Paste
- 1 avocado
- Half a red chili chopped
- Squeezed half a lime
- To make the “tortilla” whisk together the bean flour, water, olive oil and salt in a bowl. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Make the fillings: combine the onion, coriander, lime zest and juice, and jalapeño in a small bowl and set aside.
- Squash the avocado in a bowl and mix until smooth. Mix in the chili, salt and lime juice. Set aside.
- Heat the beans with the tomato, jalapeño, and coriander stems into a frying pan for a few minutes until warm. Set aside.
- Heat a small frypan over medium-high heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When the pan is hot but the oil is not smoking, add about ¼ cup of the tortilla batter, and it's like cooking a pancake. After about 1-2 minutes flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the second side. There should be enough batter for around 6.
- To serve to create your own “tortilla” with the fillings. I also love to add a splash of our Byron hot salsa…if you are going to use your own just make sure it is one without additives and artificial flavors!
Calories 302, Protein 14g, Total Fat 10g, Sat. Fat 1.5g, Total Carbohydrates 43g, Sugar 6.5g, Fiber 12g