Community

Rihanna’s Fenty Clothing Line Unveils New Vegan Leather Capsule Collection
It seems like there isn't a month that goes by where Rihanna doesn't launch a new project-- makeup, lingerie, high fashion, a movie role, a feature on a single or her photo book, the megastar's schedule seems to be jam-packed with releasing just about everything besides her much-anticipated ninth album. While we're still eagerly aw...
An Inspiring Story of Healing Through Plant-Based Food With a Nutritionist
Beth Skidmore is a woman on a mission. As a nutritionist, mother, wife, and educator, Beth has an inspiring story that starts with a life-changing ‘Ah-Ha’ moment. Her plant-based journey began in an unconventional place—in the hospital, getting ready to welcome her first child into the world—and coalesces with the birth of an initiative to help people further their own plant-based journey. It just
Brooklyn’s “Plants to the People” is Giving Away Free Vegan Food to First Responders
Brooklyn’s “Plants to the People” is Giving Away Free Vegan Food to First Responders
There are silver linings. Just yesterday we learned that Brooklyn-Borough President and prominent vegan Eric Adams has partnered with the hunger-relief organization Community Solidarity and animal rights advocacy group Mercy for Animals to deliver vegan food to those Brooklyn residents who are most in need during the pandemic. This new partne...
What We’re Cooking This Week: How to Make a Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
Here I am on Day 8 of my self-imposed quarantine and cooking butternut squash soup, because soup is one of those comforting foods that is always a good idea when hunkering down with the fam and looking for a little coziness. Here in Napa Valley, where I drove to see my parents (back when that didn't sound like a risky move) Spring brought two amazing days of sunshine before the clouds set in. I de
Koya Webb’s Approach Will Help You Fuel a Healthy, Calm, Love-Filled Life
Koya Webb is a beloved influencer whose followers turn to her as someone they trust to help them get beyond their fears or anxiety to live a healthy, strong and love-filled life. To do that she advises: Learn to meditate, eat healthily (which for her means a plant-based diet) and be in control of one's emotional wellbeing. A health...
Vegan Comfort Food in a Battle Against Cancer: The Inspiring Story of Three Girls Vegan Creamery
Vegan Comfort Food in a Battle Against Cancer: The Inspiring Story of Three Girls Vegan Creamery
Vegans rub shoulders with omnivores, eagerly lining up for opening time at a tiny restaurant in Guilford, CT. They all know what Oprah, The Washington Post, and NPR have reported: Three Girls Vegan Creamery makes insanely delicious food. Italian comfort food that is, starring their own plant-based “meats” and artisan vegan cheeses. Most p...

Load More Articles