Community

Meet The Chef for The Beet’s Beginner’s Guide to Going Plant-Based
Do you scroll through Instagram and drool over recipes on the screen? The problem is your engagement usually ends there and you never end up making those beautiful recipes. We decided to bring you the perfect week of healthy plant-based eating from one such recipe developer, so you could not only make the meals but benefit by creating a plant-0based meal plant that is the perfect on-ramp for anyon
What I Learned Going Plant-Based for a Year: You Can Lose Weight, Have Clear Skin, But Only If You Do it Right
What I Learned Going Plant-Based for a Year: You Can Lose Weight, Have Clear Skin, But Only If You Do it Right
When you go plant-based everyone asks, "How do you feel?" The answer is simple: When you do it right you feel amazing. You get clearer skin, watch the extra pounds drop off, you feel lighter, your face looks less bloated. Overall, you generally feel younger, more energetic, and for me, more athletic than I have in years, maybe even decades. Actually...
7 Things I Learned From Going Completely Vegan for One Week
Ever since I watched the documentary Food Inc. in 2012, I gave up poultry and red meat and landed somewhere between vegan and will-eat-sushi-just-this-once. Then, in 2015, I quit my day job as the food editor at Reader’s Digest and enrolled in the chef training program at the Natural Gourmet Institute in New York City (now part of the Institute of Culinary Education). Ther...
Celebrity Trainer Corey Calliet on How to Spend This Time Getting Fitter
Corey Calliet helped Khloe Kardashian and her viewers how to get their "Revenge Body," and now he has tips for how you can get your "Quarantine Body" and not the kind that has already seen most of us gain 10 lbs in the past month, but the kind we would all like to emerge with, at the end of this scary and anxiety-producing time...
Award-Winning Novelist Andrew Cotto Tries a Plant-Based Diet, Writes About it
Meat has been a motif in my writing, both fiction and non-fiction: My novels feature roast pork sandwiches, lamb lollipops, Bisteccas, wild boar ragus, mixed roasts, and other carnivorous encounters. I have written features on men with monikers such as “the world’s most famous butcher” and “Dr. BBQ.” I’ve published many o...
Plant-Based Eating and the Impact on Global Food Systems
Nothing makes us feel more connected than when a global health crisis sparks on one continent and jumps to the next, and then the next, as fast as the one we are in. From China to Italy, Spain, the US and back to Asia, the coronavirus made us realize that what happens in one market around the world has real ramifications everywhere...
Chef Ameera Shows How to Cook Plant-Based Caribbean Dirty Rice
BET's Instagram page show #BETHOUSEPARTY showed how to learn to cook a plant-based Caribbean Dirty Rice dish from Chef Ameera, a self-described "food alchemist" and chef to the stars. Ameera is bringing you all the know-how to craft a light, healthy dish from the comfort of your home, just visit  BET's Instagram page. Chef Ameera's star-studded client list includes ...
Strong Roots Makes Vegan Tots, Fries, Patties and They’re Delicious
What's a tater tot without the 'tater? Turns out delicious. Especially when it's made of good-for-you veggies like spinach, butternut squash, and kale. We taste-tested the healthier-for-you tots, fries, and frozen veggies from the frozen veggie company Strong Roots and found that now, especially when you want to reach for carby comfort food but your head says "No!" you can...

Load More Articles