Sign Up for Your Smoothie of the Day, Each With Immune-Boosting Properties
We all love a smoothie. Most of us already have our own favorite smoothie recipe, but sometimes you need a little inspiration. If you want to receive a "Smoothie of the Day" from The Beet, with recipes by wellbeing experts, chefs and doctors, sign up here. Happy mixing, pouring and sipping. Start your blenders!
Want to get going right this second? Check out a few of our favorite smoothie recipes, below. There's more where these come from! Simply sign up and you'll receive your first Smoothie of the Day Welcome newsletter right away. And Day 1 will be in your inbox in the morning.
Feeling under the weather? This green smoothie is full of essential vitamins to boost your immune system and increase your energy. Start your day on the right foot by fueling your body with this smoothie filled with oranges, spinach, turmeric, and other anti-inflammatory ingredients that may help prevent sickness and power your immune system.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 lime freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup Lifeway Plantiful Coconut Vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Wash all your produce well before starting. Place your ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. ENJOY!
This smoothie is brimming with health benefits, and you can customize it by adding more greens to increase your fiber intake. Blueberries are packed with antioxidants and help boost your immune system. Spinach is a good source of iron and magnesium which helps to give you more energy.
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 handful spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt (or coconut kefir, or another plain plant-based yogurt of choice)
- 1 cup of water
- Add all your ingredients to a blender, and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Golden milk is all the rage now, but the truth is that people have been drinking them for centuries—and for good reason. Golden milk is basically any kind of milk with turmeric, black pepper, and fat—with the latter two ingredients increasing the bioavailability of turmeric’s powerful healing compounds. And we could all use more of that right about now! This delicious recipe is the creation of Food Network star and Weelicious founder Catherine McCord, who just authored a book of smoothies to make with the family, Smoothie Project.
- ½ fresh or frozen banana, peeled
- ½ cup (80 g) fresh or frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup (33 g) frozen cauliflower florets
- ½-inch (1.25-cm) piece fresh turmeric, peeled and chopped, or ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (Vegan substitute for honey: Agave)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper ¾ cup (180 ml) milk of choice
OPTIONAL SUPER BOOSTS:
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.