Tom Brady’s Plant-Based Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancake from TB12
Pumpkin is showing up everywhere (we get it, it's fall), so we were not surprised when Tom Brady shared his pancake recipe made with TB12 plant-based protein and... pumpkin! Make it to fuel up to watch your favorite team on game day. Unlike many of fall’s most popular pumpkin treats that are sadly lacking in nutritional value, these are stacked with healthy ingredients and clean protein. Just in time to welcome fall, TB12 shared this Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancake recipe, packaged with fiber, potassium, and vitamin C — all of which support heart health.
The Beet made the recipe completely vegan by replacing dairy and eggs with plant-based protein, almond or oat milk, and flax eggs. This easy recipe calls for one bowl so clean-up is seamless. The punches of pumpkin paired with TB12’s Vanilla Plant-Based Protein make for a delicious recipe that will fuel anyone’s day.
For more plant-based recipes from Tom Brady, check out his 6 favorites, everything from his berry smoothie to sweet potato avocado toast.
Tom Brady's TB12 Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancake
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1 scoop TB12 Vanilla Plant-Based Protein
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (mix of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup of almond or oat milk
- Optional: Almonds and almond butter to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or blender.
- Heat non-stick pan over medium/medium-high heat
- Add coconut oil or avocado oil to the pan and pour about a 1/4 cup of batter into the pan.
- Once the pancake is bubbling, for about 2-3 minutes, flip over. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Top with almond butter and almonds. Enjoy!