Baked Apples With Dairy-Free Ice Cream
If you're looking to make a unique, healthy dessert this Thanksgiving, try out this plant-based baked apple recipe. This 8-ingredient dessert is easy to make and is packed with festive comforting spices. Make sure to grab your favorite dairy-free ice cream and have a scoop (or two) with the baked apples.
Makes four servings
- 4 Large Apples
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix your brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Using a melon baller or a tsp, scoop out the core of the apple. Be careful not to scoop through to the bottom. Feel free to scoop a bit more of the flesh on the sides so you have more room for the filling!
- Fill each apple to the very top with your brown sugar mixture. Pour 1 tsp of vanilla extract in each apple and add a tablespoon of vegan butter on top of each apple.
- Transfer apples into a baking dish and carefully pour the hot water into the dish. This will keep the apples from drying out in the oven.
- Bake apples in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Serve with some vegan ice cream or your favorite toppings!
Calories 353 | Total Fat 16.5g | Saturated Fat 2g | Sodium 98mg | Total Carbohydrate 51.4g | Dietary Fiber 7.1g | Total Sugars 41.9g | Protein 2.1g | Calcium 130mg | Iron 2mg | Potassium 333mg |
For more vegan Thanksgiving ideas, check out this guide to 25 plant-based holiday recipes.