Easy One-Pot Vegan Chili Everyone Will Love
Everyone loves homemade chili on a crisp fall day. We have the perfect vegan chili recipe packed with chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans, mushrooms, and more. Comfort food meets healthier-for-you eating in this easy recipe loaded with fiber and protein, helping you stay fuller longer and allowing your muscles to repair after a workout. Pro tip: Leftovers taste even better the next day!
This recipe is perfect if you have some veggies in your fridge you’re trying to get rid of. Whether it’s mushrooms, celery, or bell peppers, just toss it in your chili and you’re good to go. You can even toss in some crumbled tempeh or vegan “beef” crumbles to get more of a meatier chili. Think of this recipe as a basic chili recipe that you can customize into whatever you want.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 20 Min
Total Time: 1 Hour, 35 Min
Yields 8-10 Servings
- 4 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, diced
- 6 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 ½ Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 28oz Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 28oz Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 7 Oz Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, canned *optional
- 2 Dried Bay Leaves
- 14oz Canned Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 14oz Canned Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 14oz Canned Black Beans drained and rinsed
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat up your oil over low heat. Add your onions and garlic and stir around cooking it for 3-5 minutes or until translucent. Add your mushrooms and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until mushrooms soften and onions start to brown.
- Add your cumin, chili powder, dried oregano, salt, and smoked paprika. Stir and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add your canned diced tomatoes and canned crushed tomatoes. If you are using the Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, add this in at this step. Stir it all together until evenly mixed. Cover and let it simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Once 1 hour has passed, add the drained and rinsed kidney beans, chickpeas, and black beans. Stir it in until evenly combined. Cover and let it simmer for additional 10 minutes or until beans are heated through. Ladle it into a bowl and serve with some fresh herbs, and a slice of your favorite bread, and enjoy!
Calories 599, Total Fat 5.4 g, Sat. Fat 0.8 g, Sodium 292 mg, Total Carbs 106.6 g, Fiber 29 g, Sugar 16.7 g, Protein 36 g