Vegan Bacon Cheeseburger
Giving up meat doesn't mean you have to give up your favorite comfort foods. Here, we took a bacon cheeseburger, of which nearly every element is non-vegan, and turned it into a plant-based masterpiece with dairy-free cheese, and using Mainstream plant-based patties from Before the Butcher, and porkless bacon, all available to be ordered online and delivered to your doorstep with the help of Vejii, the vegan online retailer.
You’ll love how easy it is to make this recipe and will be blown away at how similar this vegan version is to the real thing. To achieve that great cheesy meltiness on your burger place your sliced vegan cheese on your burger and cover with a lid slightly earlier than you would with dairy cheese since most nut-based cheeses are slower to melt. The trapped heat will melt the vegan cheese perfectly, giving you the best Vegan Bacon Cheese Burger. If you really want to go the extra mile with this recipe, you can cook two vegan patties to turn this into a double cheeseburger.
For this recipe, we used Before the Butcher's plant-based Mainstream patties, which are available exclusively at Vejii, and combine an incredible meat-like flavor with an affordable price-point, of $10.99 for eight patties, perfect for feeding your big family. This patty features an umami flavor that gives you the taste and texture of beef and 20 grams of plant-based protein per burger. You can purchase Mainstream patties exclusively at Vejii starting today.
Shop at Vejii, the new vegan online marketplace, to get everything you need in one box
If you're new to cooking vegan or plant-based, or just want to improve your culinary skills, the Vejii wants to make it easier than ever by offering everything you need in one place. This online retailer has plant-based meats, non-dairy cheeses, vegan condiments and better-for-you snacks like cookies. Or stock up on vegan breakfast burritos so you never have to ask: What's for breakfast? Vejii makes it easy to lean into plant-based eating and serve up healthier meals every day. Check out ShopVejii.com and get started!
Vegan Bacon Cheese Burger
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
Servings: 1 Burger
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Strips Vegan Bacon
- 1 Vegan Burger Patty
- 1 Vegan Cheddar Cheese Slice
- Burger Buns
- Vegan Mayo
- Heat up about 2 Tbsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook your vegan bacon strips in the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side, or as instructed on the package. Once cooked, remove the vegan bacon from the pan and set it aside.
- Add your vegan burger patty to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip it over, and add your vegan cheese slice on top of the patty. Cover with a lid and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove the patty from the pan. Toast your burger buns on the pan for 1-2 minutes. Once toasted, it’s time to assemble.
- Add mayo, ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes, or whatever other toppings you’d like on your bun. Add your cooked vegan patty to the bun, then the vegan bacon on top. Close your burger off with the top bun and enjoy!