How to Make a Vegan Taco Bowl Dip For Under $1 a Serving
This Mexican-inspired taco bowl dip is all sorts of delicious. Made with layers of creamy refried beans, guacamole, cashew cream, salsa, veggies, and dairy-free shredded cheese, it packs a flavor punch.
Taco dip is the perfect item to bring to a potluck or gathering (know of any football events coming up?). Pair it with some crunchy tortilla chips, veggie, pita chips, whatever and you've got a touchdown dish on your hands!
While it may not be traditional, this plant-based version contains all the same great flavors everyone will love without unwanted cholesterol from dairy-based products. By lowering your LDL cholesterol, you may even help protect yourself against viral sicknesses. Now that’s impressive!
Want to make this dip more budget-friendly?
- Use half the amount of cashew cream and double the refried beans.
- Skip the shredded cheese and use a sprinkle of nutritional yeast on top.
- Use more vegetables (tomatoes, lettuce, onions) to bulk the dip up.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Cost: $8.13 recipe | $0.81 serving
Vegan Taco Bowl Dip
Cashew Cream & Nacho Sauce
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked ($2.58)
- 1 cup water ($0.01)
- 1 lime, juiced ($0.18)
- Salt to taste ($0.01)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast ($0.48)
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños ($0.05)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika ($0.01)
- 4 ripe avocados ($1.95)
- 1 small Roma tomato, de-seeded & diced ($0.16)
- ¼ cup diced white onions ($0.08)
- 1 clove garlic, minced ($0.04)
- Salt to taste ($0.01)
- 400 grams refried pinto beans ($0.78)
- ½ cup salsa or diced tomatoes ($0.25)
- ½ cup corn kernels, sautéed ($0.57)
- ½ cup shredded dairy-free cheese ($0.62)
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced ($0.20)
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced ($0.15)
Cashew Cream & Nacho Cheese
- Add soaked cashews, water, lime juice, and salt to a high-speed blender. Mix on high until smooth, then transfer about half to a small container.
- Add nutritional yeast, pickled jalapeños, and paprika to the rest in the blender. Finish mixing, then transfer to a separate container.
- Mash the avocados roughly, then mix in onions, garlic, tomatoes, lime juice, and salt. Finish mashing the guacamole to your preferred consistency.
- Spread the refried beans out in a layer on the bottom of a casserole dish or large bowl.
- Add the guacamole on top followed by a layer of nacho sauce, cashew cream, salsa or diced tomatoes, corn kernels, shredded dairy-free cheese, black olives, and green onions.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or cover and let chill until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
An 8x8 casserole dish works well for this portion size.
Nutrition: 1 of 10 servings
Calories 330 | Total Fat 20.1 g | Saturated Fat 3.6 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 243.5 mg | Total Carbohydrates 33.4 g | Dietary Fiber 12.6 g | Total Sugars 4.8 g | Protein 11.1 g | Calcium 100.6 mg | Iron 5.1 mg | Potassium 888.9 mg |