One-Pan Vegan Southwest Sweet Potato Hash Wrap For Under $1 a Serving
Dig into the bright colors and bold flavors of this southwest sweet potato hash which features spices like cumin, ancho chiles, and smoked paprika to spice things up.
This vegan hash is made with crispy golden sweet potatoes are mixed with protein-packed black beans, sweet corn, fresh kale, and more, it's the perfect brunch recipe. If you aren’t convinced yet, only one pan is required, so clean-up is a breeze!
Trying to cut down on sugar-filled sweets? This recipe is filled with complex carbs that are great for weight loss and disease prevention. Now that’s a win-win.
Try customizing this sweet potato hash by adding in your favorite foods or leftovers (that’s the beauty of a breakfast hash). If you have a busy household to feed, make this in advance so everyone can heat it up as they go!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Cost: $3.19 recipe | $0.80 serving
Southwest Sweet Potato Vegan Hash Wrap
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($0.24)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed ($0.49)
- ½ medium white onion, diced ($0.12)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ($0.08)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced ($0.82)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced ($0.05)
- 1 cup brown mushrooms, diced ($0.34)
- 1 can (398mL) of black beans ($0.68)
- ½ cup corn kernels ($0.08)
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder ($0.03)
- 1 teaspoon cumin ($0.03)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika ($0.03)
- Salt & pepper to taste ($0.02)
- Avocado (sliced or mashed)
- Chopped cilantro
- Green onion slices
- Salsa of choice
- Vegan sour cream
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add in peeled and cubed sweet potato and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly golden and crispy.
- Add in 3 tablespoons of water, cover the skillet with a lid, and let steam for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the second tablespoon of oil along with onion, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeño, and mushrooms. Cook another 4-5 minutes, then add in ancho chile powder, cumin, and paprika and combine.
- Mix in kale, beans, and corn, cooking until the kale wilts and everything is heated through about 3 more minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve your hash with chopped cilantro, avocado, sliced jalapeños, vegan sour cream, salsa, etc. Happy eating!
Nutrition: 1 of 4 servings
Calories 301| Total Fat 8.1 g | Saturated Fat 1.2 g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 428 mg | Total Carbohydrates 48.8 g | Dietary Fiber 14.8 g | Total Sugars 8.0 g | Protein 11.6 g | Calcium 112.1 mg | Iron 3.8 mg | Potassium 943 mg |