The Answer to Your Last-Minute Dinner Queries: 15-Minute Vegan Ramen
RECIPE OF THE DAY: MONDAY SEPTEMBER, 30
THE DISH: Vegan Ramen
FROM: Amy Talei @harvestcooked
WHY WE LOVE IT: Comfort food is the only thing we can think about during the winter, and this is one of the quickest ramen recipes to make, it only takes 15 minutes. If you’re fighting a cold, add miso chili sauce for spice.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 10 minutes
TOTAL INGREDIENTS: 11 plus water
MAKE IT FOR: Lunch and dinner, or both!
SPECIAL NOTE: You can buy nori at Whole Foods, Target, and Amazon. By the way, paksoi is also known as bok choy! (If you need to start prep the day before or order ingredients online, we will let you know that here.Otherwise, assume the dish can be shopped, prepped and served the same day with readily available ingredients.)
- 1-2 tbs miso paste depending on how the miso paste you use is
- 1 can full-fat coconut cream(the thick part)
- 800 ml water kettle water will be faster
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1-2 cup paksoi
- 1 cup carrots, diced or shredded
- 1 sheet nori
- 1tbs sesame seeds optional
- Pinch of black pepper optional
- Pinch of garlic powder optional
- 2 cups udon noodles either precooked or cooked according to packaging
- If you are using precooked noodles you can skip this step, if not start by cooking your noodles according to the packaging.
- In a large deep pan, add sesame oil. Bring to medium heat and fry the carrots for approx. 1 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, fry for another minute. Add seasoning if using.
- Now add the water, miso & coconut cream. Stirring well so it will all dissolve.
- Lastly, add paksoi, sesame seeds, nori & the noodles.
Check out the recipe here.