Vegan Fudge with Crunchy Walnuts
- 6 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 3 1/2 cups powdered (confectioners') sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup soy milk (or another vegan non-dairy milk substitute)
- Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts (or any kind of nuts)
- First, lightly grease a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan using a little bit of the vegan margarine.
- Place the rest of the remaining vegan margarine, the sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and the soy milk in a heatproof mixing bowl or the upper part of a double boiler. Place the bowl or boiler over simmering water and stir until the vegan margarine is fully melted and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add the chopped nuts if you're using them, gently folding them into the mixture just until well combined.
- Next, pour the mixture quickly into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place your vegan fudge in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled. Be patient at this step, and plan on at least two hours for your fudge to fully chill and set.
- Once your fudge is firm and fully chilled, remove from the refrigerator and carefully slice into one-inch bite-sized squares. For a cleaner slice, you can also place your fudge in the freezer for about five to 10 minutes just before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!
By: The Spruce Eats