Vanilla Matcha Oatmeal Topped With Fresh Berries and Peanut Butter
What We're Cooking This Weekend: Vanilla Matcha Oatmeal
Recipe Developer: @vegamelon
Why we love it: Matcha is a powerful superfood and gives you the energy to last you throughout the day. Find out everything you need to know about matcha here.
Total Ingredients: 7
Make It For: Breakfast or a snack. Oats will fill you up and give you energy.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups water / plant-based milk or use a mix of both
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice to taste
- 1-2 tsp matcha powder to taste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine the oats and water/milk in a pot, then bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and let simmer on low heat for 6-7 minutes, until the oatmeal has thickened.
- Turn off the heat, then mix in all the remaining ingredients and a pinch of sea salt. Adjust the amount of matcha & lemon to taste.
- Serve warm!