The Perfect Summer Dessert: Vegan S’mores Yogurt Parfait
Roasting s'mores is a classic summer activity: Some of my favorite summer memories are when I was sitting around the campfire with my loved ones after a long day relaxing in the summer heat. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to locate graham crackers that are free of honey and marshmallows made with no gelatin to ensure they're vegan.
This delicious Vegan S'mores Yogurt Parfait is a healthier, 100% vegan option to the traditional treat, so you can enjoy them it year-round. The masterpiece is made with coconut-based products and vegan chocolate. If you love s'mores, this recipe will become your go-to dessert!
Recipe Developer: Lauren, @flora_and_vino
Why we love it: This dessert is perfect for summer and brings back happy memories of campfires. The s 'mores yogurt parfait only takes 10 minutes to make and requires simple ingredients that you probably have stored in your pantry.
Make it for: A summer dessert. Children especially love the taste of this treat. Make it for your summer party and serve them in Mason jars with a ribbon around the jar.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Vegan S'mores Yogurt Parfait
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 bag Sejoyia Vanilla Coco-Thins, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk yogurt
Chocolate Mousse Layer
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 14-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup date paste
- Chopped chocolate
- Chocolate drizzle
- Vanilla Coco-Thin
- Make the chocolate mousse in advance by adding all ingredients to a pan over medium heat. Whisk until the dark chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer chocolate mousse to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow to thicken.
- To assemble the parfaits, layer mason jars with crumbled cookies and top with a yogurt layer and chocolate mouse layer.
- Continue in this fashion until the jars are full.
- Top with an optional Vanilla Coco-Thin, chopped dark chocolate, and heated chocolate drizzle.