This Is Vegan Comfort Food at Its Best: Make This Coconut Curry Bowl ASAP
WHY WE LOVE IT: It's hard to believe this creamy coconut curry is truly vegan, it tastes so decadent.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: About 20 minutes
TOTAL INGREDIENTS: 12 plus water, salt, and pepper
MAKE IT FOR: Lunch and dinner, or both!
SPECIAL NOTE: The tofu topping is optional, the recipe isn't listed.(If you need to start prep the day before or order ingredients online, we will let you know that here. Otherwise, assume the dish can be shopped, prepped and served the same day with readily available ingredients.)
Vegan Coconut Curry Bowl
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can white beans
- 1 packet egg-free noodles
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 to 2 tbsp curry powder
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
- Toppings: black and white sesame seeds, coriander, lime, and caramelized tofu. I served my curry with paprika hummus.
- Cook egg-free noodles according to directions on the package.
- In a large pan, sauté onion with garlic in a splash of olive oil. Stir and cook a few minutes.
- Rinse and cut your vegetables. Add them into the pan, pour coconut milk, water, and curry powder. Stir. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook until mixture has thickened and vegetables have softened. Add beans and noodles. Stir last time.
- Dress, decorate, adjust seasoning and serve.