The Beet’s Plant-Based Diet Recipe: JUST Egg Fried Rice
New studies reveal eggs aren't as healthy as we once believed. But now you can reach for delicious eggs made from plants. JUST Egg is a plant-based egg that’s better for our bodies and for the planet. Not only is JUST Egg a healthier, more sustainable option, but it’s giving “eggs over easy” a whole new meaning. With JUST Egg Folded, you can throw your eggs directly into the toaster and they’ll be ready in minutes.
With this recipe, you’ll make your favorite Chinese takeout dish in less time than it takes the delivery person to arrive. All you need is a splash of avocado oil, JUST Egg Folded (chopped into bite-size pieces), a scoop of frozen vegetables, green onion and two heaping cups of jasmine rice. This family-style recipe serves five people and tastes even better than the takeout version. Devour it on its own or serve as a side to complement your main course. Drizzle soy sauce on top of your perfect eggy masterpiece for a punch of flavor and enjoy a delicious dinner, made entirely from plants.
One serving of JUST Egg contains 45 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, zero cholesterol, 150 mg of sodium, 5 grams of protein and zero sugar or carbs.
Total Time: 25 Minutes
JUST Egg Fried Rice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup frozen vegetables
- JUST Egg Folded (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- Cook jasmine rice according to package directions.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add avocado oil.
- Saute the frozen veggies in the pan until cooked.
- Chop the cooked JUST Egg Folded into 1-inch pieces and add to the cooked jasmine rice. Stir fry everything together.
- Add the soy sauce to taste.
- Garnish with green onions and serve!
Calories 431; Fat 7g; Carbs 84g; Fiber 4g; Sugar 2g; Protein 11g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 166mg; Vitamin A 2066IU; Vitamin C 2mg; Calcium 13mg; Iron 0mg