Sweet and Easy Vegan Banana Bread Recipe to Make for Breakfast or Dessert
What We're Cooking This Weekend: Super Moist and Easy Vegan Banana Bread
WHY WE LOVE IT: Banana bread is a warm and comforting treat to eat for breakfast dessert. Or it's an easy on-the-go snack for a busy day.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 40-50 minutes
TOTAL INGREDIENTS: 10 plus salt
MAKE IT FOR: Breakfast serve it with a scoop of vegan ice cream, preferably Van Leeuwen Vegan Vanilla.
SPECIAL NOTE: Most of the ingredients you'll already have in your pantry. Preheat the oven to 350 F. (If you need to start prep the day before or order ingredients online, we will let you know that here. Otherwise, assume the dish can be shopped, prepped and served the same day with readily available ingredients.)
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 3 tbsp Agave Syrup
- 4 tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp Plant-Based Milk
- 1 tbsp Juice of Lemon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven at 350 F. Grease a 22 cm loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mash 2 bananas into purée. Then, add wet ingredients and stir.
- Next, add dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Don't overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and whisk last time.
- Pour the dough into loaf pan. Halve the last banana, place it on the dough, lightly press.
- Bake for about 40-50 min. Be careful, if it gets too dark if needed, cover the cake with tin foil. When a toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Let cool down.
- Decorate and enjoy.