Raw Matcha Cheezecake
Raw Cheesecakes have to be one of my favorite desserts. They’re a lot healthier than regular cheesecakes, requires zero baking, and tastes amazing! Even better this raw cheesecake has matcha mixed into it, giving it an extra boost in health benefits. Matcha powder is packed with antioxidants and known for its metabolism-boosting properties, amongst a wealth of other health benefits.
Serving Size: 10-12 Slices
- 1/2 Cup Raw Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Raw Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Dates
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 Cups Raw Cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Can Coconut Milk, refrigerated overnight
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Tsp Matcha Powder
- Line an 8-inch springform cake tin with parchment paper. Soak your cashews in hot water for 30 minutes. If your dates aren't soft, you can soak them in hot water as well for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the base, add your walnuts and almonds in a food processor or blender. Give it a quick blitz to break it up a bit. Add the rest of your ingredients and blend until well combined. It should hold its form when you pinch it.
- Evenly spread it out on the bottom of your springform cake tin while pressing it down. Set aside in the freezer as you make your filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling, add all your ingredients, except the matcha, into a blender. Blend until completely smooth, scraping the sides as needed. This can take up to 10 minutes depending on your blender.
- Transfer half of the filling into a bowl. Add 1 tsp of matcha at a time to the filling in the blender. Blend until combined.
- Remove springform cake tin from freezer, alternate from pouring the matcha filling and regular filling until they're both used up.
- Take a toothpick and swirl around, being sure not to swirl it too much to the point where you mix it together. Transfer to the freezer overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, just whisk all ingredients together until combined. Once cheesecake is set, remove from freezer and carefully remove from cake tin.
- Drizzle chocolate over the sides of the cheesecake. Decorate with some dairy-free whipped cream and fresh fruits. Let it thaw out for 20-30 minutes before cutting into it. Enjoy!