Eat This For Breakfast And Dessert: Peanut Butter Chia Oatmeal With Avocado Mousse
RECIPE OF THE DAY: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 20
THE DISH: Peanut Butter Chia Oatmeal With Avocado Chocolate Mousse
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL INGREDIENTS: 11 plus salt
MAKE IT FOR: A protein filled breakfast or a sweet and healthier option for dessert.
SPECIAL NOTE: In a small pan combine the oats and chia seeds, pour the hot water and let it soak for 10 minutes (all the liquid will get absorbed). (If you need to start prep the day before or order ingredients online, we will let you know that here. Otherwise, assume the dish can be shopped, prepped and served the same day with readily available ingredients.)
Ingredients: (makes 2 servings)
Peanut butter chia oatmeal:
- 1/2 cup porridge oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- pinch of himalayan salt
Avocado chocolate mousse:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small pan combine the oats and chia seeds, pour the hot water and let it soak for 10 minutes (all the liquid will get absorbed).
- Add all the remaining ingredients, stir well, bring to a boil and let simmer for a few minutes, until the porridge is creamy and thick (stir frequently). Let cool down.
- Prepare the avocado mousse - put all the ingredients in a food processor (you can also use a hand blender) and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides a few times to be sure there are no chunks left. You can adjust the consistency by adding a little less or more milk.
- Transfer the oatmeal in two bowls or jars, top with the mousse and optionally some coconut yogurt, fresh raspberries and dark chocolate shavings.