Matcha Vanilla Sheet Cake:
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons Pastry Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Dried Fruit/Mixed Peel mix
Matcha Soaking Syrup:
- 3/4 cup Hot Water
- 2 teaspoons Matcha Powder
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Whisky, optional
Vegan Mascarpone Filling:
- 1 3/4 cup Raw Cashews (no need to soak)
- 1/3 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/3 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Seeds of 1 Vanilla Bean Pod
- 3/4 cup Soy Milk
For Vanilla Cream:
- 1/4 cup Soy Milk
- 1 tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil
For Matcha Cream:
- 1 tablespoon Matcha Powder + 1/3 Cup Hot Water, mixed and left to cool
- Matcha Powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease and line an 8x6 inch cookie sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- Whisk soy milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl set aside for 5 minutes to curdle. Sieve the pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda, and matcha powder into a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk vegan butter, sugar, and salt till light and fluffy, about a minute. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Alternate whisking in the soy milk mixture and dry ingredients, starting with 1/3 of the dry and ending with the last third of the dry mixture.
- Spread mixture out onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. It's okay if you over bake it slightly, it doesn't make a difference.
- Meanwhile, prepare soaking syrup. Mix matcha powder, hot water, and sugar together till the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- To prepare the vegan mascarpone filling, in a high-speed blender, combine cashews, agave, coconut oil, salt, vanilla, and soy milk. Blend thoroughly until smooth and silky.
- Divide mixture into half. For vanilla cream, use the first half of mixture and thoroughly whisk in extra 1/4 cup soy milk and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Set aside.
- For matcha cream, blend the second half of the mascarpone mixture with your cooled matcha/hot water mixture.
- To assemble, have ready a tiramisu dish or individual ramekins/glasses. Cut a piece of sheet cake to fit the bottom of your ramekin or glass. Dip in soaking syrup for just a second or two and place into the bottom of your vessel.
- Top with a layer of vanilla cream and dust with matcha powder. At this point, freeze for 10 minutes.
- Once out of the freezer, top with a layer of matcha cream. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Repeat process once more - soaked cake, vanilla cream, and matcha cream - freezing cream layers for 10 minutes before continuing.
By: Crazy Vegan Kitchen