Try These Stuffed Shells With Vegan Bolognese Sauce
What We're Cooking This Weekend
Stuffed Conchiglioni With a Vegan Bolognese Sauce
WHY WE LOVE IT: It's a quick and easy recipe to follow and serves a large party, or you can have leftovers for the week.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 7 Minutes Bake: 25 Minutes
TOTAL INGREDIENTS: 9
MAKE IT FOR: A comforting Sunday roast with a group of friends and save the leftovers for the week.
SPECIAL NOTE: The ingredients are easy to buy and you might already have most of them in your fridge. Cook the pasta beforehand for only 4 minutes and add salt to your masterpiece for additional flavor. (If you need to start prep the day before or order ingredients online, we will let you know that here. Otherwise, assume the dish can be shopped, prepped and served the same day with readily available ingredients.)
- 400g Conchiglioni pasta
- 1 jar @sacla_uk Vegan Bolognese Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200g fresh spinach
- 100ml white wine
- 1 courgette aka zucchini
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil and cook the pasta for about 4 minutes less than the normal cooking time. You want it to be not quite done as it will cook more in the oven.
- Slice the onion and mince garlic and cook with olive oil until translucent.
- Pour the wine into the pan, followed by the spinach. Cook until wilted. Remove from the heat.
- When the pasta is done drain and run under cold water to cool it down. You need it to be cool enough to handle.
- Spread about 1/2 the jar of sauce into a large baking dish.
- Fill each shell with some of the spinach mixture and lay on top of the sauce in the dish.
- Divide the rest of the sauce up between the shells, so that some shells have sauce and some just have spinach. You can put any extra between the gaps. Pour any remaining liquid from the spinach over the pasta.
- Dot some cherry tomatoes around the dish. Using a vegetable peeler make long strips of courgette and roll into spirals. Put these in any remaining gaps.
- Bake at 180C/356F for 25 minutes.
@sacla_uk also does a Vegan White Sauce which would be great spread over the top for something a little richer.