Comfort Food Everyone Will Love: Vegan Lemon Orzo and Caramelized Sesame Tofu
What We're Cooking This Weekend: Lemon Orzo and Caramelized Sesame Tofu
WHY WE LOVE IT: This warm dish will fill you up and has over 35 grams of protein.
TOTAL INGREDIENTS: 11
MAKE IT FOR: A warm cozy night or a main dish for a dinner party.
- 200 gr Orzo * 1 Lemon + Juice
- 12 Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Vegan Bouillon Cube
- 1 Block of Tofu
- 1/2 Onion +1 Glove Garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp. Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Sesame Seeds
- Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper
1. Slice Brussels sprouts in half, place in a baking tray, drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup. Bake at 380F.
2. In a pan, drizzle olive oil, cook lemon slices few minutes until slightly golden on edges. Add the remaining maple syrup and cook until caramelized. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, sauté garlic and onion. Pour orzo and cook 2-3 min. Then add white wine, water, bouillon cube, and lemon juice. Cook until the orzo is soft.
4. In a second pan, drizzle olive oil. Heat on medium. Slice tofu in half. Coat with cornstarch and sesame seeds. Cook until golden on both sides. Pour sweet soy sauce. Be careful, it's very fast. Cook until caramelized both sides. Dress by combining orzo, Brussels sprouts. Then, add lemon slices on top of tofu.