Easy 3-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Easter Bunnies
This 3-ingredient dark chocolate recipe is simple to make and can be used to create playful shapes like bunnies, ducklings, or eggs. Whip these up in under 10 minutes!
What’s especially fun about making chocolate at home is that you can choose any mold shape you like. You can always use silicone muffin cups or ice cube trays if you don’t have a designated chocolate mold. Or, you can choose something more special like a classic chocolate bar mold, or a pretty bonbon mold.
For springtime and Easter, mini bunnies, ducks, eggs, flowers, or lambs are really cute. This chocolate is delicious, sweet, and will melt in your mouth.
Use this recipe as a base to make your favorite flavored chocolate. You can add extras directly into the mix or simply fill the chocolates with your additions. There are so many awesome flavors to try:
- Mint: Add a few drops of peppermint extract to the mix
- Coffee: Add a sprinkle of instant coffee to the chocolate mix and stir to dissolve
- Sea salt: Sprinkle the chocolates with sea salt. You can also fill the chocolate with caramel sauce for extra flavor
- Coconut: Shredded coconut, coconut chips, or coconut extract are all delicious
- Vanilla: Add a few drops of vanilla extract to the chocolate
- Jam: Fill your chocolate with raspberry, strawberry or orange jam
- Nuts: Toasted and chopped nuts are great in this recipe. Walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia, and almonds are our favorites
- Nut butter: Nut butter like peanut, cashew, and almond are great to add a swirl to the chocolate, or to fill the chocolate with
- Chili: Add a pinch of chili powder, or a little fresh, chopped chili for an extra kick
- Colorful sprinkles: Sprinkle your mold with some edible sprinkles or glitter, then pour the chocolate on top
- Cacao nibs: Mix some cacao nibs into your chocolate for extra crunch
- Seeds: Hemp seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, basil seeds, or sunflower seeds are delicious and healthy extras that add a little crunch to your chocolate as well
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Vegan Easter Chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3-4 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- Melt coconut oil in a small pan on the stovetop or in the microwave. The oil doesn’t have to be warm, just liquid.
- Add cocoa powder and sweetener, and stir until totally combined and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Pour into chocolate molds of your choice (use a piping bag for small shapes), and place them in the fridge to harden.
- Once hardened, pop out the chocolate from the mold, and enjoy!
Nutritionals (1 of 10 Chocolates)
Calories 73 | Total Fat 5.8g | Saturated Fat 4.9g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 1mg | Total Carbohydrates 6.6g | Dietary Fiber 0.6g | Total Sugars 4.8g | Protein 0.4g | Calcium 8mg | Iron 0mg | Potassiom 70mg |