Spring Sprout Salad with Ginger Dressing
Spring Sprout Salad
Why We Love it: Sprouts are high in enzymes that help you digest your food and vitamin C which boosts your immune system.
Serves 3 to 4 bowls
- 3 cups of mixed sprouts – 1 cup each of broccoli, mung bean, and alfalfa
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 3 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 cup avocado, diced small
- 1 apple, diced small
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted lightly on in a dry frypan for 3 minutes.
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 springs of mint, roughly torn
For the Dressing
- 1/2 purple onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 stalk celery
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon squeezed lemon
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated garlic (for more of a real zing – add 4 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Make the dressing by blitzing in a blender for a few minutes until smooth.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
NOTE: I recommend serving with the dressing on the side so the sprouts don't get soggy!
Calories 289, Protein 7g, Total Fat 20.5g, Sat. Fat 9g, Total Carbohydrates 24g, Sugar 10.5g, Fiber 7.5g