Roasted Broccoli Soup With Cashew Parmesan
Roasted Broccoli Soup
Why We Love It: A light option for lunch that will still leave you full until dinner! Broccoli is a great source of vitamin K and C, as well as fiber.
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heads broccoli
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 sprigs basil
- 2 sprig onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of plant-based cashew “parmesan”
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking tray and add the broccoli, roughly chopped, covered lightly in olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic, and saute in a large saucepan with the olive oil, for 3-5 minutes on low heat.
- Add the cooked broccoli and stock. Put the lid on and cook for 15 minutes. Add the coconut milk and let sit for another 5 minutes before pureeing in a blender.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of the spring onions and vegan “parmesan” and salt and pepper to taste.
Calories 480, Protein 8g, Total Fat 43.5g, Sat. Fat 25.5g, Total Carbohydrates 22g, Sugar 8.5g, Fiber 5.5g