Pineapple and Red Pepper Salsa
If you like to jazz up your tacos then you will love this recipe for Gold Pineapple and red pepper salsa. It is full of bright, fresh vegetables, coriander and limes and, of course, the all-important Gold Pineapple for a hit of sweetness. By: @gingervegan
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 sweetcorn cob
- 1 t435g Del Monte® Gold Pineapple Chunks
- 1 large handful fresh coriander
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 red chilli, optional
- Finely chop the onion, pepper and coriander.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob. I stand mine on its end and slice down the way all-around.
- Cut the pineapple into smaller pieces, although you can also leave it in large chunks.
- Juice the lime and finely chop the chilli, if using.
- Mix everything together in a bowl, seasoning with salt to taste, and transfer into a serving dish. I like to make mine a little in advance and leave the flavours to mingle.
- I serve with flour tortillas and refried beans and an extra squeeze of lime on top. Let me know if you try it!
Nutrition Notes: per serving (⅙ recipe)
277 calories, 8g protein, 50g carbs, 5g fiber, 5g fat