Easy Vegan Slow Cooker Stuffed Apples
Indulge your sweet tooth with Slow Cooker Stuffed Apples, stuffed with apple crisp filling and cooked to tender, delicious perfection!
When it comes to making these, all you have to do is mix the stuffing and assemble the apples. Then, just let the slow cooker do its thing! I recommend cooking on high for 2 hours (or low for 4) to allow the apples to reach a soft, fork-tender consistency.
Here's what you'll need for this easy vegan recipe:
- Apples: Start with 6 apples of any variety. I used fuji!
- Rolled Oats: Next, use ½ cup of rolled oats for oomph and nutrients. Avoid instant or steel-cut oats for this recipe.
- Flour: ¼ cup of all-purpose flour helps to bind together the stuffing.
- Brown Sugar: Sweeten up the filling with ¼ cup of brown sugar.
- Pecans: ¼ cup of pecans (roughly chopped) adds texture and tasty flavor!
- Butter: Include ¼ cup of cold vegan butter. Cut into small cubes before adding the other ingredients. You can use a dairy-free alternative if you’d like.
- Cinnamon: Use ½ tsp of cinnamon for flavor.
- Salt: Last but not least, ¼ tsp of salt finishes up the apples, helping to bring out all the other flavors of the dish!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Slow Cooker Stuffed Apples
- 6 apples any variety, we used Fuji
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup pecans roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cold unsalted vegan butter cut into small cubes
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Prep Apples: Cut just the top off of each apple. Using a small spoon, scoop out the seeds and some of the inside, leaving ¼ to ½ inch of apple flesh around the outside to act as a bowl.
- Filling: In a medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients. It should resemble a coarse crumb when mixed.
- Stuff: Spoon the oat mixture into each apple, packing it in to prevent the mixture from falling out.
- Cook: Add ¼ inch of water to your slow cooker. Place apples into the slow cooker in a single layer. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low. Apples should be fork tender when finished.
- Serve: Serve warm, topped with ice cream and/or caramel.
Serving: 1apple Calories: 286kcal (14%) Carbohydrates: 46.1g (15%) Protein: 2.6g (5%) Fat: 12.1g (19%) Saturated Fat: 5.3g (33%) Cholesterol: 20mg (7%) Sodium: 156mg (7%) Potassium: 300mg (9%) Fiber: 6.8g (28%) Sugar: 29.3g (33%) Calcium: 18mg (2%) Iron: 2mg (11%)
About Sarah Bond: I’m the creator of Live Eat Learn along with recipe developer and photographer. I graduated from Penn State with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Nutrition, then kept that wild love of food going by earning my Master’s Degree in Sensory Science. Put simply, I just love food. When I’m not making or thinking about food, I’m probably out in the foothills of Denver, skiing or hiking with my pup, Rhubarb.
For more great recipe content from Sarah Bond, check out her blog, Live, Eat Learn.
For more great recipes that are dairy-free, check out The Beet's recipe library of more than 1,000 vegan or plant-based recipes.