Chef Guy Vaknin’s Salad with Cumin Chickpeas & Coconut Tarragon Dressing
This chickpea salad is a great way to eat fresh and seasonally, even in the winter. Pairing hearty greens like kale and radicchio with a bright and refreshing coconut tarragon dressing will help you forget it's cold out! I love the creamy tropical flavors of coconut and how they balance with the bitter greens. Add crispy chickpeas and chopped pecans for a delightful crunch and some extra protein. This salad is packed with vitamins, healthy fats, and antioxidants to keep you strong all winter long.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Hearty Greens Salad with Cumin Chickpeas and Coconut Tarragon Dressing
- 1 cup Belgian endive
- 1 cup radicchio
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ cup baby kale
- 1 scallion, sliced
- ½ cup drained cooked chickpeas
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped pecans
Coconut Tarragon Dressing
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yuzu juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix chickpeas, olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper and place on a sheet pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes until crispy.
- To make the dressing, whisk coconut milk, yuzu juice, tarragon, chives, and garlic.
- While whisking, add olive oil slowly until incorporated and adjust with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all greens in a bowl and drizzle part of the dressing onto the greens. Garnish with chopped pecans and cumin roasted chickpeas. Sprinkle cracked pepper, a touch of sea salt, and a drizzle of dressing as desired.
Chef Guy Vaknin is the renowned chef and founder of popular NYC-based vegan sushi chain, Beyond Sushi, and has recently opened up Williow, a vegan bistro that serves elevated comfort food. In 2012, Guy was nominated as a contestant on Fox's Hell's Kitchen Season 10 and in 2018, Guy won a deal with investors Lori Grenier and Matt Higgins during his performance on Shark Tank.
Calories 582 | Total Fat 44.2g | Saturated Fat 16.7g | Sodium 411mg | Total Carbohydrates 44.1g | Dietary Fiber 16g | Total Sugars 10g | Protein 9.6g | Calcium 377mg | Iron 5mg | Potassium 628mg